Premium Quality Live Milk kefir grains
- Certified organic by the Soil association
- Our Milk comes from Hook and Son Dairy who are renowned for the quality of their Milk.
- Milk is produced by pedigree grass fed Holstein Friesian cows.
- We take animal welfare seriously and so do the dairy we use.
- UKAS Lab tested
- We guarantee that your culture will work
- Lifetime supply of Culture- If you take care of your grains you will never need to purchase them again.
- We are a food registered company
- All of our food handlers hold at least level 2 food hygiene certificates
- We have a full food safety programme in place (Haccp plan)
- Daily Ph tests are carried out on our cultures
- All live cultures are ready to to ferment as soon as they arrive
- All cultures are picked and packed to order daily
- All packaging is food grade and heat sealed
- Full paper instructions are provided with every culture (not just online) but we also provide access to our online instructions and tutorial videos
- Full customer support- We are here to help and for as long as you need us. When you buy one of our cultures one of our Culture experts is available to via email or telephone or in person to help you with your brew. You can come back to us at any point for help. We will do everything we can to help you happily make wonderful milk kefir.
Kefir is a living culture, a complex symbiosis of microflora that naturally form grains or cauliflower-like structures (sometimes called plants) in the milk. So far more than 50 strains of bacteria and yeasts have been found in milk kefir worlwide. European kefir typically contains over 20 different bacterial strains. As the culture ferments the milk these structures grow, creating new grains in the process. Real kefir from live culture is an endlessly self-propagating process