Heirloom Tibetan Kombucha scoby
Tibetan Kombucha is a fermented drink which originates from the same location as a normal Kombucha Scoby however this variety of herloom cultures differs because it comes from a generation of Tibetan's who have brewed Kombucha using only Pu'er tea, which is essentially a fermented tea in its right, this has slowly changed the bacterial makeup completely of the Kombucha Scoby originally used. Creating this unique heirloom variety of the Kombucha Scoby.
The Tibetan scoby brews a dark, earthy tasting Kombucha with added health benefits that come from drinking Pu-er tea. We are proud to have the Tibetan Heirloom Kombucha Scoby in our collection. It is no more difficult to work with than normal Kombucha. However, Pu'er tea can be a little harder to find. We trust that if you purchase the Tibetan Heirloom Kombucha Scoby from us, you keep the original heirloom variety pure by only ever feeding it Pu'er tea.
What is Pu'er tea?
Pu-er tea is a variety of fermented black tea which originates in China. Fresh leaves get tossed by hand in giant works long enough to halt the tea's oxidation, but not so long as to drive off all moisture and kill natural bacteria. The tea is then left to dry in the sun, but the bacteria live on, and over years and decades, they'll help completely transform the tea from a fresh, bitter green into something more dark, mellow, and rich.
- Grown in Soil association Certified ingredients, which are GMO free.
- UKAS Lab tested (lab verified)
- We guarantee that your culture will work
- Lifetime supply of Culture- If you take care of your scoby you will never need to purchase one again. Your brew will grow a baby every time you use it.
- We are a food registered company
- All of our food handlers hold at least level 2 food hygiene certificates
- We have a full food safety programme in place (Haccp plan)
- Daily Ph tests are carried out on our cultures
- All live cultures are ready to to ferment as soon as they arrive
- All cultures are picked and packed to order daily
- All packaging is food grade and heat sealed
- Full paper instructions are provided with every culture (not just online) but we also provide access to our online instructions and tutorial videos and youtube channel
- Full customer support- We are here to help and for as long as you need us. When you buy one of our cultures one of our Culture experts is available to via email or telephone or in person to help you with your brew. You can come back to us at any point for help. We will do everything we can to help you happily make wonderful Kombucha.
KOMBUCHA IS A PROBIOTIC