Heirloom Viennese Kombucha scoby
Viennese Kombucha is a fermented living probiotic drink which originates from Vienna, the capital of Austria (hence the name). This variety differs because it has been adapted to brew Kombucha using Darjeeling tea. This changed the bacterial makeup completely of the Kombucha Scoby originally used. Creating this unique heirloom variety of the Kombucha Scoby.
The Viennese Heirloom Kombucha Scoby ferments very slowly.This leads us to believe it has only recently been adopted to work with Darjeeling tea. It brews a delicious, fruity tasting Kombucha with the added health benefits that come from drinking Darjeeling tea.
To ensure the heirloom culture remains pure you keep feeding the original heirloom on only Darjeeling tea.
What is Darjeeling tea?
Darjeeling in north east India isn't easy to get to. Even the famous antique train has to wind its way carefully through valleys and around mountains to get there. But the cup of golden Darjeeling tea once you arrive makes it all worthwhile. It's known as the Champagne of teas and we definitely think it's a reason to celebrate. The combination of first & second flush teas in this blend gives a beautiful, unique & delicate flavour.
- Grown in Soil association Certified ingredients, which are GMO free.
- UKAS Lab tested (lab verified)
- We guarantee that your culture will work
- Lifetime supply of Culture- If you take care of your scoby you will never need to purchase one again. Your brew will grow a baby every time you use it.
- We are a food registered company
- All of our food handlers hold at least level 2 food hygiene certificates
- We have a full food safety programme in place (Haccp plan)
- Daily Ph tests are carried out on our cultures
- All live cultures are ready to to ferment as soon as they arrive
- All cultures are picked and packed to order daily
- All packaging is food grade and heat sealed
- Full paper instructions are provided with every culture (not just online) but we also provide access to our online instructions and tutorial videos and youtube channel
- Full customer support- We are here to help and for as long as you need us. When you buy one of our cultures one of our Culture experts is available to via email or telephone or in person to help you with your brew. You can come back to us at any point for help. We will do everything we can to help you happily make wonderful Kombucha.
KOMBUCHA IS A PROBIOTIC